With so many people (myself included) calling for ASSHOLE’S resignation from “President”, I don’t think a resignation is going to happen. And I hope I’m wrong.
ASSHOLE resigning would be the easiest way to get rid of him without affecting anyone else. All he has to do is draft up some kind of letter, misspellings and all, and present it to whomever (probably Congress). That would be it. We would be done with him.
There are a few reasons why I don’t think ASSHOLE will resign:
- He’s a narcissist. He’s not going to give up the ego-boosting that easily.
- Although he has failed at just about everything, he has control of the “presidency” unless he resigns, is impeached (or via the 25th Amendment) or is killed. He has no control over being impeached or killed. He does, however, have control over resigning.
- If he resigns he can’t blame anyone else for it. Although I’m sure he’d try. I can hear it now: “Obama made me resign!” Of course if he gets impeached, which is what I do think will happen, the blame game will be played to the hilt. He’ll blame everyone including his mother for being impeached. But he’ll never blame himself.
- As long as there are people stupid enough to support him, he’ll never resign.
- To ASSHOLE resigning from the “presidency” would be the ultimate in failure. Way bigger than any of his businesses going bust.
- It’s difficult to convince someone as delusional as ASSHOLE that he should resign. He doesn’t feel he has done anything wrong where resignation is necessary.
- He lives in a fantasy world where, if he had his way, he’d be “president” forever.
- He owes too many shady people too many shady things. And too many shady people have too many shady things on him.
- He is well aware he is under investigation (although he will deny it). Being the “president” makes him feel “safe”. He believes that as long as he’s “president” he can get away with anything. Of course, we all know this isn’t true.
- If he resigns his tweets won’t get the kind of attention they get now. Not that any of them are significant in any way, but sometimes they sure as hell are hysterical!
Even if the end for ASSHOLE comes to impeachment (and I think it will), I still don’t think he’ll resign before being impeached. He’ll deny the impeachment the entire way. He’ll lie his way through everything. Perjure himself. Obstruct justice. Shit, he already has. And through it all he could’ve simply resigned.